The following books are about Pentaho software or have chapters dedicated to Pentaho. For more details, click on the titles below. Authors, feel free to edit these pages for content. Readers, please provide reviews in the form of comments. If there are any books that should be added, please email dmoran at pentaho.com.
- Building a Data Mart with Pentaho Data Integration - Packt Video courses: screencast-based tutorials that show you how to get the job done. Bite sized chunks, hands on instructions, and powerful results.
- Learning Pentaho CTools - Pentaho and CTools are two of the fastest and most rapidly growing tools for practical solutions not found in any other tool available on the market.
- Pentaho Analytics for MongoDB Cookbook - MongoDB is an open source, schemaless NoSQL database system.
- Pentaho Business Analytics Cookbook - This practical guide contains a wide variety of recipes, taking you through all the topics you need to quickly familiarize yourself with Pentaho and extend your Pentaho skillset. Over 100 recipes to get you fully acquainted with the key features of Pentaho BA 5 and increase your productivity
- Instant Pentaho Data Integration Kitchen - Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. A practical guide with easy-to-follow recipes helping developers to quickly and effectively collect data from disparate sources such as databases, files, and applications, and turn the data into a unified format that is accessible and relevant to end users.
- Mondrian in Action - Mondrian in Action teaches business users and developers how to use Mondrian and related tools for strategic business analysis. You'll learn how to design and populate a data warehouse and present the data via a multidimensional model. You'll follow examples showing how to create a Mondrian schema and then expand it to add basic security based on the users' roles.
- Pentaho Data Integration Cookbook - Second Edition - Pentaho Data Integration Cookbook Second Edition is written in a cookbook format, presenting examples in the style of recipes.This allows you to go directly to your topic of interest, or follow topics throughout a chapter to gain a thorough in-depth knowledge.
- Pentaho for Big Data Analytics - The book is a practical guide, full of step-by-step examples that are easy to follow and implement.
- Pentaho Data Integration Beginner's Guide - Second Edition - This book focuses on teaching you by example. The book walks you through every aspect of Pentaho Data Integration, giving systematic instructions in a friendly style, allowing you to learn in front of your computer, playing with the tool. The extensive use of drawings and screenshots make the process of learning Pentaho Data Integration easy. Throughout the book, numerous tips and helpful hints are provided that you will not find anywhere else.
- Pentaho 5.0 Reporting by Example - Beginner’s Guide - Written in a friendly, example driven Beginner’s Guide format, there are plenty of step-by-step instructions to get you started fast!
- Pentaho na Prática (Portuguese Edition) - Esse livro vai ajudar você a aprender a usar a suite Pentaho, versão 4.8, para construir soluções de BI. Ele é um livro principalmente técnico, mas você não precisa conhecer BI ou Pentaho para aproveitá-lo. O Pentaho é uma ferramenta fácil de usar e muito poderosa, que pode tornar real seus projetos de BI.
- Data Mining, Third Edition- Practical Machine Learning Tools and Techniques - Explains how data mining algorithms work. Helps you select appropriate approaches to particular problems and to compare and evaluate the results of different techniques. Covers performance improvement techniques, including input preprocessing and combining output from different methods. Shows you how to use the Weka machine learning workbench.
- Pentaho Data Integration 4 Cookbook - This book has step-by-step instructions to solve data manipulation problems using PDI in the form of recipes. It has plenty of well-organized tips, screenshots, tables, and examples to aid quick and easy understanding.
- Data Mining- Practical Machine Learning Tools and Techniques, Second Edition - Explains how data mining algorithms work. Helps you select appropriate approaches to particular problems and to compare and evaluate the results of different techniques. Covers performance improvement techniques, including input preprocessing and combining output from different methods. Shows you how to use the Weka machine learning workbench.
- Pentaho 3.2 Data Integration- Beginner's Guide - As part of Packt's Beginner's Guide, this book focuses on teaching by example. The book walks you through every aspect of PDI, giving step-by-step instructions in a friendly style, allowing you to learn in front of your computer, playing with the tool. The book provides short, practical examples and also builds from scratch a small datamart intended to reinforce the learned concepts and to teach you the basics of data warehousing.
- Pentaho Reporting 3.5 for Java Developers - This hands-on tutorial, filled with exercises and examples, introduces the reader to a variety of concepts within Pentaho Reporting. With screenshots that show you how reports look at design time as well as how they should look when rendered as PDF, Excel, or HTML, this book also contains complete example source code that you can copy and paste into your environment to get up and running quickly.
- Pentaho Solutions - The book covers all components of the Pentaho BI Suite. Using a complete and comprehensive business case featuring a fictitious online DVD rental company, you'll learn about BI and data warehousing concepts, and how these apply to the Pentaho BI stack. The many detailed how-to's and hands-on examples will get you started building your own Pentaho BI applications in record speed.
Page: Data Mining, Third Edition- Practical Machine Learning Tools and Techniques
Page: Data Mining- Practical Machine Learning Tools and Techniques, Second Edition
Page: Instant Pentaho Data Integration Kitchen
Page: Learning Pentaho CTools
Page: Mondrian in Action
Page: Pentaho 3.2 Data Integration- Beginner's Guide
Page: Pentaho 5.0 Reporting by Example - Beginner’s Guide
Page: Pentaho Analytics for MongoDB Cookbook
Page: Pentaho Business Analytics Cookbook
Page: Pentaho Data Integration 4 Cookbook
Page: Pentaho Data Integration Beginner's Guide - Second Edition
Page: Pentaho Data Integration Cookbook - Second Edition
Page: Pentaho for Big Data Analytics
Page: Pentaho na Prática (Portuguese Edition)
Page: Pentaho Reporting 3.5 for Java Developers
Page: Pentaho Solutions